KeY is a world-leading deductive verification tool for Java. It has
- to find and fix serious errors and verify code of the JDK libraries
(TimSort, Dual Pivot Quicksort and LinkedList),
- to find and fix bugs in IntelliJ’s refactoring tool,
- and to verify parts of Norway’s Governmental Election Software.
The next step is to improve KeY’s usability and performance to a
degree that puts it in reach of the average software developer. We
have some great ideas on how to achieve this, and we obtained a
coveted Research Grant for Sustainable Software from DFG (the German
Now all we need is: you!
Scientist with the following profile
- Very good MSc degree in Computer Science (or closely related subject)
- First contact with research in formal methods or programming languages
- Very good programming skills in an OO language
- Very good problem solving skills and ability to work self-driven
- Good communication skills in English (German is not a requirement)
What we offer
- Fully funded PhD position at German E13 scale for up to 5 years
- To make a real difference in rendering verification technology
widely usable, long after your PhD is finished
- Working with world leaders at the cutting edge of Deductive Verification
either at KIT (Karlsruhe) or at TU Darmstadt, Germany
- A dedicated, friendly, and supportive team, good social atmosphere,
pleasant offices, coffee machine
- Opportunity to take soft skill courses, teaching certificates, etc.
Questions / Inquiries
Fell free to ask any questions by email to Reiner Hähnle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How to apply at TU Darmstadt
Applications must consist of a single PDF document that contains (i) a letter of motivation, which should state clearly why you are interested in the work and why you qualify for the position, (ii) your current curriculum vitae, (iii) certificates (M.Sc., B.Sc., high-school diploma) with detailed transcripts of records and grades. Letters of recommendations are beneficial.
Applications are accepted immediately and until the position is filled.
Please send your complete application to Prof. Reiner Hähnle (email@example.com).
Important: The email must explicitly refer to the code number 657 of this job offer.